Why do we need a parliament
(& copy bpb)The opposition in a parliament are the members of the parliament who do not belong to the ruling coalition or parliamentary group.
In a parliamentary democracy, MPs elect the head of government. MPs from a party or MPs with the same goals often form a parliamentary group.
These factions are then called the coalition factions or the coalition for short.
In addition to the coalition, there is also an opposition in a parliament. The word opposition means "to oppose". The opposition often disagrees with the coalition and the government. That is why they often look very carefully to see whether the government is working well. Its job is to control the work of the government.
The opposition can also show that it has other, better solutions. It can therefore also make a counter-proposal for a law. Strong opposition is important for democracy.
The opposition gives its opinion in parliament. The government and the citizens hear other opinions than those of the coalition and the government. The voter can then decide at the next election which opinion he or she thinks better.
There can also be an opposition outside of parliament. It is also called: extra-parliamentary opposition. These are, for example, opponents of the government. Or there are groups that are of the opinion that their ideas are not represented in parliament.
Through demonstrations, petitions and other actions, these groups can spread their ideas and opinions. This can lead to the formation of new parties. Perhaps this new party will get enough votes in the next election to be represented in parliament.
Back to the home page: simply POLITICS. Lexicon in simple language
- How many kinds of numbers are there
- How do Indian media manipulate people
- How do seeds grow
- Why was Pavagada Taluk recorded in Karnataka
- What is special about 7 continents
- Why do we wear a dress when we are called?
- Are atheists drawn to mega-churches
- Why is the Catholic faith so strict?
- Is blockchain sustainable or a fad
- How did Shashi Tharoor meet Sunanda Pushkar
- How do big companies come about
- Why do Tamil movie heroes look bad
- How do I pay for college
- How can I meet Sir Richard Branson
- What is the MBTI type of Shah Rukh Khans
- What does it mean to breed emus
- What is the nature of business writing
- India is planning an attack on Pakistan
- How do you deal with psychopathically rude people
- Why some websites may not load
- How difficult is it to be prime minister
- After we retire, we get paid
- What is the Iran deal
- Why are some Christian fanatics