What is a vision
From vision to mission - the definition of two statements
What is a vision statement, what is a mission statement and what is the difference? Under the motto “The journey is the goal” (Confucius), we will take you on a journey to clarify these questions.
How a company guide becomes a worldview
Most of the time, the term mission statement is translated as corporate philosophy. It is rather the case that the vision statement describes the concept, while the philosophy of a company emerges from the mission. Both statements should therefore also be in context. In the end, this forms the basis of the strategy for a company (presentation, communication and values).
VISION - When I grow up ...
The vision statement defines an intended goal for the future and is an example of the long-term development of the company. The endeavor must be challenging, but not unrealistic and therefore implausible. The vision statement should communicate three things as briefly and concisely as possible:what, why and for whom *.
MISSION - How do I achieve my vision every day?
The mission statement describes how the company will achieve its vision in the long term. It often also includes the type of product or service - and ideally also a unique selling point. The mission should communicate as briefly and concisely as possible,how it wants to achieve the vision. Some companies also formulate in their mission statement, for whom* they work every day.
An example: We work every day to achieve our vision (where to / goal) by XY (when **) by doing XY (how).
* It should be formulated once, for whom / what you want to achieve your vision. This can be in the vision or in the mission statement.
** There may be a time in the vision and / or mission. It is important that the achievement of goals lies in the long-term future, not in 2-5 years, because what do you want to achieve after this time? Think your vision big. Perhaps it is a long-term goal, which you will never see yourself but which you are helping to shape today.
The difference between VISION and MISSION
The vision statement describes the intention (the goal), the mission statement describes the day-to-day implementation (the how).
Both statements are internally and externally oriented, as the objectives of a company serve employees and partners for orientation, identification and motivation, but also customers become fans who share the same goals and values.
Often companies also summarize vision and mission in one statement or define several statements for different areas. This can be useful or helpful, especially for large institutions and brands.
Clear vision and mission statements, for example, offer very good suggestions.
VISION statement examples
"Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge"
"Imagine a world in which every single person has a free share in the totality of knowledge."
"To create a better everyday life for the many people."
"To create a better everyday life for many people."
Examples from the B2B area you'll find here.
MISSION statement examples
"The mission of the Wikimedia Foundation is to empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally."
"The mission of the Wikimedia Foundation is to empower and motivate people around the world to collect, develop and effectively distribute educational content under a free license or in the public domain."
"Our business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them".
"Our business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional furnishings at prices that are so low that as many people as possible can afford them."
Examples from the B2B area you'll find here.
How do I write a VISION statement? An instruction:
The following steps will help you to define your own vision statement.
- What do we want to achieve as a company in this world? (longterm goal)
- Why are we doing this State your motivation and explain the meaning and purpose for the existence of your company.
- Who are we doing this for? Who do you do your work for every day? When it comes to vision, you should think big, so make reference to the social purpose.
We want to achieve (what?) _________________ in the long term, because (why?) __________________ so our customers / world (for whom?) _________________.
Make sure you have answered these three questions. The wording can of course differ.
How do I write a MISSION statement? An instruction:
The following steps will help you define your own mission statement.
- How do we achieve our vision with our daily actions? How do you work towards your long-term goal every day? What makes your company, your products / services special (unique selling proposition) What do you value? (Values). Be positive, be clear and as precise as possible.
We achieve our vision every day by (how?) _____________________________________________________________________________
Vision and Mission Statements are ideal guides and navigation devices on the way to your destination. They help with orientation and have a motivating effect. The vision statement describes the goal that is pursued with the mission statement. The mission statement, on the other hand, describes which path and which direction will be taken. This ultimately results in a company's strategy. Et voilà, this is how successful marketing works.
Participate with your company in our free webinar on "THE VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT & THE" WHY "OF A COMPANY"! Registration to the right of the blog article. Participation is for companies only.
Your WE MAKE COMMUNICATION team!
- What does the world want from me
- Which countries learn the Chinese language
- Computer glasses are harmful to the eye
- What was the Great Depression of 1929
- Which films will make me treasure time
- How can I speak pure English
- Selling British McDonalds coffee without coffee
- Why is Modi Vietnam playing against China
- How many eggs do green parrots lay
- Thibaut Courtois is overrated
- Why do friends change
- Am i really good at art
- What is emotional stress
- Which TV topics became hits
- What is the opposite of smiled
- How are plane crashes investigated
- Why are Biharis mistreated
- Should Islamophobia be illegal
- What is the nature of the Japanese
- Is the Tamil culture overrated
- How big is Berlin 1
- Where do most people live in Pakistan
- Why do we love our motherland
- Is Lagos most African city