What made you happy and smile today
200 beautiful sayings + pictures for life, love & laughter
Beautiful sayings are popular in all variations: whether as a calendar, as a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Tumblr or quickly sent a nice saying via Whatsapp .. Hardly anyone who cannot be happy about a nice saying. Beautiful sayings can take on many functions. Sometimes it is short, beautiful sayings that provide an impulse. There are nice sayings to think about, on the subject of love, friendship or nice sayings about life itself. The range is almost limitless. We have put together a selection of more than 200 beautiful sayings for you to think about - as inspiration and impetus for every occasion ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
What are beautiful sayings?
It is well known that tastes are different. For example, some perceive something as a beautiful saying that inspires them in some way. For others, the entertainment character is more in the foreground: Everything that is amusing disappears nicely. Quite a few beautiful sayings come from well-known people. Famous philosophers, poets and authors, but also politicians, have at different times let others know what they think about certain things. It is not uncommon for these bonmots to be passed down to posterity by historians - who sometimes lived 100 years later than the person who is supposed to have said them.
No matter who they come from and no matter whether they rhyme, are long or short: In the broadest sense, beautiful sayings can be described as those that touch you positively in some form. This can include funny, cheeky sayings as well as profound sayings, the content of which only becomes apparent on closer inspection.
Beautiful sayings: Over 200 sayings and quotes
Nice sayings to think about
Having a sense of humor is an important quality. Nevertheless, there are always phases in which we come to rest and reflection. Times when we think. These can be moments in which, as in the case of application rejections, we go inside and reflect: Why did it not work this time too? Nice sayings to think about can just as well be those in which we set new goals. Giving strength and self-confidence because they are encouraging. Those that show that other people have already failed, but still haven't given up.
- "Don't think so often of what you lack, but of what you have." (Marc Aurel)
- “Not because it's difficult, we don't dare. Because we don't dare, it's difficult. "(Seneca)
- “Crisis is a productive state. You just have to take away the smack of the catastrophe. "
- "In the end everything will be fine. And if it's not good, it's not the end yet. "(Oscar Wilde)
- “Anyone who wants something is looking for ways. If you don't want something, look for reasons. "
- “Nice words are not always true. True words are not always beautiful. "(Laotse)
- "Sometimes you have to stand at the end to see the beginning."
- “Not the outer person, but the inner one, needs a mirror. You cannot see yourself otherwise than in the eye of a strange seer. "(Jean Paul)
- "Significant successes are also the results of overcoming crises." (Hans Arndt)
- "Nothing unfinished can be a standard for anything." (Confucius "
- "Most people would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism."
- "It is never too late to become what you could have been." (George Elliot)
- "A person's wealth can be measured by the things he can do without without losing his good mood." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
- "If there weren't any bridges in the world, all the ways would be of no use."
- "If you don't know your destination, you can't find your way."
- "Now are the good old days that we will long for in ten years." (Peter Ustinov)
- "Success consists in having exactly the skills that are needed at the moment." (Henry Ford)
- “Nothing is as bad as we fear. Nothing is as good as we hope. "(Marcel Proust)
- "A long argument proves that both sides are wrong." (Voltaire)
- “No one was in your life without a reason. One was a gift, the other a lesson. "
- "Enjoy the moment, because the moment is your life."
- "All cruelty springs from weakness." (Seneca)
- "Don't let your glow take away just because it blinds others."
- "The only real enemies of a person are his negative thoughts." (Albert Einstein)
- "You don't recognize the truth by beautiful words, but by quiet deeds."
Every difficult situation that you master now will be spared you in the future. (Dalai Lama)
- "Winners don't doubt, doubters don't win." (Gerry Ehrmann)
- "Everything that is worth owning is also worth waiting for." (Marilyn Monroe)
- "The time we take is the only one that gives us something." (Ernst Ferstl)
- “You are not good because you stand out. You are good when it is noticed that you are missing. "
- "If you want to change the world, start with the person you see in the mirror every morning." (Simone Weil)
- "It doesn't matter how slowly you go, unless you stop." (Confucius)
- "Live what you have recognized, be what you have understood."
- "If nothing is certain, anything is possible." (Francis Paul Wilson)
- "The only way to get something out of life is to throw yourself into it with all your might." (Angelina Jolie)
- "Risk is better than remorse."
Nice sayings for Whatsapp
The messenger service Whatsapp is one of the most popular forms of spreading beautiful sayings. They are often divided into groups and beautiful sayings can also be found in the status. If you overdo it, you can quickly annoy your contacts and expressiveness and individuality fall by the wayside if 25 beautiful sayings are forwarded daily. Correctly selected and used sparingly, beautiful sayings for Whatsapp can show their own views or send an impulse to the contacts. We have put together a selection of beautiful sayings for Whatsapp that can inspire you:
- "Today we know the price of everything, the value of nothing." (Oscar Wilde)
- “People who don't take themselves so seriously are the really important ones. And on top of that, extremely personable. "
- "In life you have to take a lot of things that you don't even have a pocket for."
- "Meeting you was the nicest coincidence in my life."
- "Some people annoy you just thinking about them."
- “I only need four hours of sleep a day. But twice as much at night. "
- “Today is the day of thinking. It's a shame that so few can celebrate. "
- "Anyone who is open to everything can not be completely sealed somewhere."
- "I'm standing with both feet firmly on the hose."
- "There can be worlds between what one says and what the other has heard and understood."
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes you just need an expert opinion.
- "Even the longest march begins with the first step." (Laotse)
- “These are not forehead lines. That's a six-pack from thinking. "
- "Laughter is the most beautiful language in the world."
- "My unicorn says: Reality lies."
- "Live like there is no tomorrow."
- "Go with or aside."
- "The grief that does not speak gnaws at the heart until it breaks." (Wilhelm Busch)
- “Give everyone a second chance. At some point you will need it yourself. "
- "Enjoy the moment before it becomes a memory."
- "Family is when chaos is fun."
Nice sayings about life
Sometimes we forget what is really important in life: friends, health and the many little things that we take for granted. Instead, the focus is on the money. But that alone does not make you happy. Some sayings help you to realize that there are other things in life as well. They remind us of essential parts of our life and encourage gratitude.
- “Doing what you like is freedom. May what you do is happiness. "
- "Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be driven." (Jean Paul)
- “You can't force happiness. But it likes stubborn people. "
- "All good things have something casual and lie like cows in the meadow." (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
- “No one succeeds in leading a wise lifestyle by accident. As long as you live you have to learn how to live. "(Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- “You can understand life backwards; but you have to live it forwards. ”(Søren Kierkegaard)
- "Life is building bridges across currents that pass." (Gottfried Benn)
- "Envy is the highest form of recognition." (Wilhelm Busch)
- “Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy. "(Francis Bacon)
- "Whoever fights can lose, whoever does not fight has already lost." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "Time is not passing faster than it used to be, but we are walking past it more quickly." (George Orwell)
Today we know the price of everything, the value of nothing. (Oscar Wilde)
- “If you are criticized, you have to do something right. Because you only attack whoever has the ball. "(Bruce Lee)
- "Everyone comes to their own door and the world is clean." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Life is not about having good cards, but also about playing well with a bad hand."
- “I love doing theater. It's so much more realistic than life. "(Oscar Wilde)
- "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life."
- "There is no way to luckyness. Happiness is the way. "(Buddha)
- "How old you have become can be seen in the faces of those you knew young." (Heinrich Böll)
- "Don't stop shining just because it blinds others."
- "Everyone has stupid thoughts, but the wise keep them silent." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Happiness does not consist in the fact that you can do what you want, but in the fact that you always want what you do." (Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy)
- “There are only two days a year when you can't do anything. One is yesterday, the other tomorrow. "(Dalai Lama)
- "Time may heal wounds, but she is a miserable beautician." (Mark Twain)
- "Life is like a dandelion: when the time comes, everyone has to fly for themselves."
- "It's the moments that count, not the things."
- "Those who are satisfied with their own life look less at the lives of others."
- "What would life be if we didn't have the courage to take risks." (Vincent van Gogh)
- "You can also build something beautiful out of stones that are placed in your path."
- "Half of being clever is knowing what you don't know." (Confucius)
- "Nothing is more relaxing than accepting what is coming." (Dalai Lama)
- "We all live under the same sky, but we do not all have the same horizon." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "When life brings us to our knees, we dance limbo."
- "Happy is he who dies before he has called death." (Francis Bacon)
- "The art is to get up once more than you are knocked over." (Winston Churchill)
- "Health is not everything, but without health everything is nothing." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Nice sayings about love
There is no poet or thinker who has not given thought to love. Even in the gloomy Middle Ages, minstrels still found words of languor and longing. Unfulfilled love, disappointed love, but also advice on how lovers should treat each other - all of this is the content of meaningful, beautiful sayings about love.
And that's good. Because of all people who seem most important, many are at a loss for words. The words need to be chosen carefully, they should absolutely fit the partner and the relationship. Beautiful sayings about love are not only suitable for Valentine's Day or birthday, they can also be used as wedding sayings. The following sayings offer a range of different sayings about love. Depending on whether you want to express your own relationship with a beautiful saying or are looking for a suitable saying as a friend for a wedding.
- “Love is just a word, but it carries everything we have. Without them the world would be empty. "(Oscar Wilde)
- “Try to get who you love. Otherwise you have to love who you get. "(Albert Einstein)
- “You can't do anything right with the wrong person. You can't go wrong with the right person. "
- "Love is when it is fun to be faithful."
- “There is nothing more beautiful than to be loved, loved for one's own sake, or rather; in spite of himself. "(Victor Hugo)
- "Distance only separates bodies, never hearts."
- "Love is the decision to affirm the whole of a person, the details may be as they want." (Otto Flake)
- "It is with love like with plants: whoever wants to reap love must sow love." (Jeremias Gotthelf)
- "In love it's like a puzzle: don't force pieces together that don't belong together."
- "A love that thinks of the end never began." (Alexander Engel)
- "Everything conquers love." (Virgil)
- "If love isn't crazy, it's not love."
Blessed are the hearts that can bend because they will never be broken. (Albert Camus)
- "Pure love makes the dream of life come true." (Johann Kaspar Lavater)
- "For the world, you are someone, but for someone you are the world." (Erich Fried)
- "You and I we are one. I can't hurt you without hurting myself. "(Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Love is a material that nature has woven and imagination has embroidered." (Voltaire)
- "The sun cannot be without shine, humans cannot be without love." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Love and hate are not blind, but they are blinded by the fire that they themselves carry with them." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I need it most."
- "Meeting love without looking for it is the only way to find it."
- “Love is the spice of life. It can sweeten it, but it can also make it too salty. "(Confucius)
- "Where there is love, the impossible becomes possible." (Buddha)
- "Age does not protect against love - but love against aging." (Coco Chanel)
- "The sum of our lives are the hours in which we loved." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "All that love waits for is the opportunity." (Miguel de Cervantes "
- “In life it is said: Every beginning is difficult. The end is much harder in love. "(Alexander Engel)
- "Some people don't find their heart until they lose their head." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "To love means to put our happiness in the happiness of another." (Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz)
- “Marry an archaeologist. The older you get, the more interesting he finds you. "(Agatha Christie)
- "True loyalty and true love are shown not through words, but through actions." (Heinrich von Kleist)
- "Love alone understands the secret of giving gifts to others and getting rich yourself." (Clemens Brentano)
- “Proximity is not a question of distance. (Hermann Lahm)
Whatever you love, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours - forever. (Confucius)
- "Love is like a garden - if you don't look after it, it goes to waste." (Arabic wisdom)
- "Getting to know you was one of the most beautiful things in my life."
- "Love stops time and lets eternity begin." (Chuck Spezzano)
- "Clothes make the man, but the heart makes the person."
- “Romanticism thrives on magic and beauty. Love also needs honesty and reliability. "
- "Where it rains love, nobody wants an umbrella."
- "Love is just a word until someone comes and gives it a meaning."
- "Jealousy is a passion that eagerly seeks what creates suffering." (Franz Grillparzer)
- "If we really love someone, we can be exactly who we really are."
- "Happiness is love, nothing else. Those who can love are happy. "(Hermann Hesse)
Nice sayings about friendship
A popular topic that can be described with beautiful sayings is friendship. We rarely tell our best friends how much we appreciate them - why not just express our appreciation with a little saying?
- "You can't buy real friends, they are a gift."
- "Wherever you are, whatever you do, whether you have to laugh or cry, whether someone loves you or everyone hates you: you can always rely on me!"
- "The best friends are not the ones you see every day, but the ones you have in your heart."
- "A friend is the one who sees your smile and still feels that your soul is crying."
- "It's called friendship because you can do anything with friends."
- “In the end, only those people count who are asked - are you okay? - can answer honestly. "
- "Friends are the people who don't ask for your way, but simply walk it with you."
- "A good friend never lets you do stupid things by yourself!"
- "Real friends don't always tell you what you want to hear, they tell you what you need to hear."
- "A friend is a person who knows the melody of your heart and plays it for you when you've forgotten it." (Albert Einstein)
- "Friendship flows from many sources, most of all from respect." (Daniel Defoe)
- "A little friendship is worth more to me than admiration from the whole world." (Otto von Bismarck)
- "Really good friends are people who know us very well and still stick to us." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The best way to have a friend is to be one yourself." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- “Friendship is fair. She alone can recognize the full extent of your worth. "(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Friendship, that is one soul in two bodies." (Aristotle)
- “Friendship doesn't have to be perfect. Just real. "
- "Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget."
- "Do not take as a friend the one who is not your equal." (Confucius)
- “Friendship is a door between two people. It can creak sometimes, it gets stuck now and then, but it is never locked! "(Buddha)
- "Sympathetic friendship makes happiness more radiant and makes unhappiness easier." (Cicero)
Friendship is like money, more easily won than received. (Samuel Butler)
- “The real job of a friend is to help you when you are wrong. Everyone is on your side when you are right. "(Mark Twain)
- "One only recognizes a safe friend in an uncertain situation." (Seneca)
- "Friends make good times even better and hard times easier."
- "Strangers become acquaintances, acquaintances become friends and best friends become family."
- "Some people come into your life late, but it feels like they've always been there."
- "You don't have to look for friends, they find each other."
- "True friendship shows when you don't see each other for a long time, but everything is still as it was before."
- "You don't get very far in friendship if you are not prepared to forgive small mistakes." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "A true friend is the one who takes your hand but touches your heart."
- "It's easier to recognize good friends when life gets harder."
Nice sayings about family
Regardless of whether it is for the birthday of a close relative, the birth of a new family member, for a wedding or simply for no specific reason: beautiful sayings delight the family and show that we think of them. They also express that we are interested in cohesion and do not take it for granted.
- "Family: where life begins and love never ends."
- "The first thing that a person finds in life, the last thing that he reaches out for, the most precious thing in life is the family."
- "That's why I love children because they still see the world and themselves in the beautiful magic mirror of their imagination." (Theodor Storm)
- "Becoming a father is not difficult, but being a father is very difficult." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "The best thing is the upbringing that you don't notice." (André Malraux)
- “Siblings are never alone. You always carry the other in your heart. "
- "We are siblings. Always remember: if you fall, I'll help you. "
- “Change friendships. Lovers too. Siblings stay forever! "
- "A baby is the perfect example of a minority government."
- "One begins to realize more and more clearly: Life is only a time of sowing, and the harvest is not here." (Vincent van Gogh)
No child is so good that the mother is not happy when it finally sleeps. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The secret of happiness is to count the high points of life instead of birthdays." (Mark Twain)
- "With great joy," we heard that you had a baby, the sunshine of all of us. That it is healthy and happy, that you and yourself enjoy life, this should be our congratulations. "(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The family is the home of the heart." (Giuseppe Mazzini)
- “All happy families are alike. Every family is unhappy in its own way. "(Leo Tolstoy)
- "Families are like caramel - mostly sweet with a few nuts."
- "It is easy to rule a kingdom, but difficult to rule your family." (Chinese proverb)
- "A single mother's heart beats harder than any fist."
- "You learn more from your children than they do from you." (Friedrich Rückert)
- “I found the best way to give advice to your children. It is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it. "(Harry S. Truman)
- "Family is when chaos is fun."
- "Children have to be very patient with adults." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
- "Children should get two things from their parents: roots and wings." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
The question of copyright
And to be able to say something witty, nobody has to have conquered countries or studied philosophy. Many beautiful sayings are formulated by strangers. Ordinary people write down their thoughts on platforms like Twitter, some of which are known through sites like Wordporn, Twitterperlen or Made my day. Often particularly beautiful sayings with pictures are designed into so-called "visual statements", in German for example: optical / visual statements. This is where the trouble starts: Actual and supposed authors suddenly discover their saying on other pages, without specifying the author.
Can you do that? The question is not easy to answer. On the one hand, the individuality must be verifiable - just because something is perceived by others as funny or beautiful, particularly often liked, shared or retweeted, does not constitute proof of this. The design height is often not given with such short texts - previously 140, now 280 characters. In principle, short texts are also worthy of protection. Often, however, the brevity of dishes is taken as an indication of a lack of creativity. The complaint of a twitterer was rejected, whose slogan was used on commercial postcards (AZ 4 O 141/16). In this case, the slogan was rated like an advertising slogan and they enjoy no copyright protection.
What are beautiful sayings good for?
From the multitude of beautiful sayings shown above you can see: Some are like a crisp joke, provide variety, amusement. Others should be thought-provoking. Beautiful sayings have always been valued: What used to be poetry albums and friendship books in school are now taken over by virtual pin boards.
The handwritten word still has meaning. We wish you a speedy recovery, write birthday cards or Christmas greetings. Even if the occasion is sad, a nice saying in the form of condolences can provide consolation. Or encourage you to deal with your own life.
People therefore like to fall back on something that comes from a well-known personality. Not just because some are at a loss for words. Aptly worded aphorisms enhance what someone wants to express. This is also the reason why some use quotes in their application. However, caution is advised here: What fits in a private setting may be inappropriate in a professional context.
For example, when what is written is not related to the company's values or goals. Simply writing a nice saying then misses the real point. Especially when you are writing something personal, sayings and quotes help you to get started. For example, to confess your love to someone without simply saying the famous three words.
What other readers have read about it
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- What's your favorite Coldplay song
- You can purposely blur your eyes
- India what is an amma
- Girls like boys who talk a lot
- Why and how is child pornography done
- What do framers eat for breakfast?
- Which is the best Indian railroad engine
- Western leaders have failed humanity
- Which three things best describe an artist
- Who is the best songwriter in BTS
- Why are Donald Trump rallies so popular
- Do you like Etihad Airways
- Has a Hindu woman converted to Islam?
- Who wants to visit Pakistan
- How was the Church of Ephesus
- Played Shakespeare on his own terms
- Will deep learning outperform today's video codec?
- Which city is better London or Chicago
- Who wrote the song Still The One
- Can i marry my girlfriend
- What is currently being taught in high school
- How accurate is the MBTI online test
- What do you mean by marriage
- Is Net Banking 100 safe