Why do I need ETL
BI data management (part 1): data preparation through the ETL process
Operational company data, such as those generated in day-to-day business, support a company's business processes. The data from, for example, ERP, accounting or merchandise management systems are exclusively related to the control and monitoring of day-to-day business. Because of this alignment, they reflect a temporary level of information and are normally updated over time by subsequent transactions.
Analytical BI applications are only based directly on the operational databases in exceptional cases. As a rule, they require topic-related, integrated data collections - for example by customer, product or organizational unit. For this, on the one hand, the mostly aggregated data material desired from the management's point of view must be stored permanently over long periods of time. On the other hand, large amounts of data must be consolidated from several operational databases, which are then stored in the data warehouse.
In order to combine and process data from several operational data sources, they are converted into management-relevant information by means of targeted conversion actions. This action is carried out in three steps as a so-called ETL process. ETL means in detail:
extraction (Extract) the relevant data from various sources
transformation (Transform) the data into the schema and format of the target database
load (Load) the data into the data warehouse
The creation of the ETL process is often the most complex step in data warehouse development. It should not be neglected, because a solidly structured data warehouse is only possible with a high-quality database.
- Where does Hawaii's trash go
- Support Assamese the Dimasa
- Where is Moscow
- How does an author pay his agent
- Why did the National Socialists want living space
- What do you think of Tom Cruise
- How can I reduce my eyesight?
- What Are Some Good Hollywood Travel Movies
- How can I beat Mukesh Ambani
- In the halo, what would the earth look like
- What gets bigger when you take it away
- Why are you still watching Zee News
- Has Pinochet's economic policy failed
- China is preparing for an all-out war
- Which is the best resort in Kollam
- What is the welding process
- Who is the CSP in the police
- What are some simple classical piano pieces
- Many former Confederate soldiers have gone west
- What is the Indian media selling nowadays
- Is the future good for airline pilots?
- Am i really good at art
- Low carbohydrates are good for diabetics
- Why should anyone join Antifa?