Does the Muslim greet the Hindu in his home
With perhaps 900 million followers, Hinduism is the third largest world religion after Christianity and Islam. However, it does not offer such a uniform picture as this and is only weakly present outside of India. One could also speak of a religious family that includes both the forms of a monotheistic belief in God and a non-theistic spirituality. Today's manifestations have changed in a process that has lasted around 3000 years since 1000 BC. Developed. The common name Hinduism for these various religious currents goes back to the Europeans who occupied India during the colonial period. It is now in common use. Traditional Hinduism in Germany is mainly represented by tens of thousands of migrants from Sri Lanka. There are also a number of Hindu groups, many of which can be traced back to the activities of gurus (teachers).
The god Vishnu or one of his embodiments (avatars) such as Krishna or Rama, as well as the god Shiva or the goddess in her various forms such as Durga, Kali or Parvati as the embodiment of the female, are regarded as the respective representatives of the highest deity for the three main monotheistic directions Power (Shakti).
The Advaita Vedanta, which has its main representative in Shankara (around 800 AD), does without God. Here the unity of the human self (atman) with the “divine”, not personally understood world spirit (brahman) is represented. While salvation (moksha) for the representatives of the belief in God means that the soul finds the way to union with God, the Advaita Vedanta is about the existing unity of the individual soul with the whole, which is only hidden from people by the deceptive veil of the Maya is to uncover and recognize or experience.
Despite these differences, there are many similarities between the currents described that justify treating Hinduism as a religious but also a cultural and social unit. A number of new religious movements that have emerged in the past few decades have their origins in this context. In many cases the guru principle of the Indian religion has been effective in their emergence and dissemination. In addition, there are concepts in the area of esotericism, wellness or everyday religiosity that have their origins in Hindu religion and culture.
- How do I broadcast channels on TV
- How can I sketch on a laptop
- How is culture in Pakistan
- How do religious Muslims live in Israel
- Shining is acrylic paint
- Will Canada increase its immigration quota?
- Why shouldn't I accept misfortune?
- What are the countries that practice capitalism
- Who is Ali 1
- What is a hypocrite
- Who is the greatest living composer
- How do I choose the right hospital
- What muscles does snowboarding use
- Can the Modi government get POK back
- You can buy homeowner insurance online
- Why is Modi so focused
- Which channel is FOX
- Why don't people follow the rules?
- How do entrepreneurs receive incentives
- What are the new H1B visa requirements
- What promotes Naxalism and Maoism
- What content is censored on American television
- How do you measure engagement on social media
- Companies pay taxes or owners
- How can I stretch my boots
- Offers IISER free education
- How do you justify a racist friend
- How does ISO affect photos in light
- What is vacation pay LTA 1
- Why is my kitten always tired
- Why did Mahakavi Bharathiyar avoid brahmins
- Why is Hitler called Dictator
- Plants give off carbon dioxide at night
- Will Norway be a multiracial country?