What do your glasses look like
How do I know that glasses fit perfectly?
Glasses that slip off your nose with the slightest movement or sit so tightly that they leave uncomfortable pressure points behind are more stressful than help in everyday life. It is normal that you have to get used to each new pair of glasses, but if they still bother you after a few days or weeks, you should check whether they really fit properly. An optician may just need to adjust your glasses properly. In the following article you will find out how you can tell whether your glasses are sitting correctly and how you can find well-fitting glasses from the outset.
Everyday life with glasses - the perfect fit makes all the difference
The perfect fit of glasses depends on two components: the The nose bridge (or the nose pads) and the temples. They have to be optimally adapted to your nose and ears so that the glasses are neither too loose nor too tight. If this is the case, you will not even notice the glasses in your everyday life, even with strong movements (e.g. when running or cycling) or at least not perceive them as annoying.
On the following You can tell whether your glasses fit well when you try them on for the first time. They can be easily checked by palpation with your hands and with a mirror.
- How do glasses have to sit on the nose? The glasses lie horizontally, without pressure on the nose and do not slip when you move your head. Both eyes look approximately in the middle through the glasses.
- How do glasses have to sit on the ear? The temples of the glasses enclose the auricles without exerting pressure and do not, or only minimally, lie against the temples.
If you are wearing glasses for the first time or have bought a new model, it will take a few days to get used to the new feeling. It is completely normal. But if the glasses slip off the nose or are still pinching after several weeks, they will probably have to be readjusted. Incidentally, this can also happen if you have been wearing your glasses for a long time without any discomfort, because the materials wear out or expand over time.
Find the right size glasses
There are hardly any frames that fit perfectly right from the start. This has to do with the fact that very few people have a completely uniform anatomy. Even the smallest irregularities that could never be seen with the naked eye can affect the correct fit of your glasses. This is not a problem, because an optician can adjust the glasses correctly so that they fit you optimally. The However, the extent of the possible adjustments is limited, so it is important that you choose the right size glasses when you buy them. It depends on the width of the frame, the width of the nose bridge and the temple length, lens height and lens width.
- Frame width: The front width of the frame should be a little wider than your face so that the temples do not lie too close to your temples later.
- Web width: With a plastic eyeglass frame, the nose bridge can hardly be changed, so it should match the shape of the bridge of your nose from the outset. You have a little more leeway with frames with nose pads, because the position can be changed here and the material can be completely replaced.
- Temple length: The length of the temples can also be easily adjusted as long as they are not too short overall.
While these factors ultimately determine the comfort of your glasses, they have The height and width of the lenses tend to have an aesthetic effect and you can choose them according to your personal taste.
Glasses slip off your nose or pinch behind your ears - what to do?
If your glasses slip off your nose as soon as you tilt your head, they are Eyeglass temples not yet properly adjusted. These should lie straight on the root of the ear and be placed behind the ear in the small recess so that you prevent the glasses from sliding forward. The nose pads of the glasses are set completely flat on the nose so that there are no uncomfortable pressure points. What many people who wear glasses do not know: Even temples that are too short can cause the glasses to slipBecause the ends of the temples cannot be adjusted behind the ear, they give in to the resistance and move upwards, causing the front of the glasses to "tip" forward. If that is the cause, you will probably feel an uncomfortable pressure behind your ear and on your nose.
By the way, glasses that slip are not only annoying, but also can also negatively affect vision, because the so-called lens centering ensures that the lenses optimally correct your poor eyesight at the central visual point. Even if this point shifts minimally, your visual performance is impaired, which can be expressed in symptoms such as headaches or tired eyes.
To keep your glasses from slipping, you can do one of the following:
- Have glasses temples adjusted
- Replace nose pads (choose non-slip materials)
- Anti-slip covers for the ends of the temples
- Spectacle strap during sporting activities
Adjust glasses yourself or go to an optician?
If you want to have your glasses adjusted correctly, you search preferably an optician's shop on. The specialist staff there can not only check the correct fit of your glasses, but also adjust the temples properly and in a few simple steps and adjust the nose pads of your glasses correctly.
With the necessary tools, you could straighten your glasses yourself, but you should really only do this in the case of minor defects, such as a loose screw on the hinge. With major repairs, there is a risk that you will damage the sensitive materials or that the glasses will not adjust optimally. This can have serious consequences because the correct fit of glasses is not only crucial for wearing comfort, but also for corrective performance.
- Should Israel leave the UN
- How good is Charlie Malayalam movie
- What are some tips for mindful eating
- What is the most valuable new idea
- Can cure Sanjivani myopia
- How do I sell children's clothing online
- Papua New Guinea is in Asia
- How big was the population of Pakistan
- What's going on in NEW ORLEANS today
- Who benefits from inequality
- What are some current cults
- The education system of Tamil Nadu is developing
- How can I leave Christianity
- What does church mean as a Catholic
- Is Al Jazeera a propaganda agency
- What is the scientific name of the frog?
- Why has tea been valued throughout history?
- Are there white privileges in Belarus?
- Why is Donald Trump a Republican
- What is a fruit
- Do you like your birthstone
- Are known to Indians all over the world
- Why does everyone hate Tumblr
- Why can't the BJP take criticism