How is GST used
Medicines for pets: be careful when buying online!
A lot of goods are currently being ordered over the Internet. So it might make sense for pet owners to look for medication for their pet online. Whether worm tablets or tick repellants: Internet platforms keep offering veterinary drugs for sale. However, mail order sales of this kind are prohibited for most medicines in Switzerland. Specifically, this means that veterinary medicinal products may not be offered in catalogs, brochures or on the Internet and sent to customers. This applies to all veterinary medicinal products in Swissmedic dispensing categories A, B (prescription only) and D.
Pet owners who still order medication over the Internet not only risk legal consequences, but can also endanger the health of their pets. Many veterinary medicines that are offered on the Internet are counterfeit, of poor quality or ineffective. But even if the quality of the medication is acceptable, prescription drugs can normally lead to side effects if used improperly. Certain veterinary drugs must be used within the framework of a concept so that the animal is adequately cared for. This applies, for example, to drugs for parasite control, which can be found relatively often on the Internet.
The Society of Swiss Veterinarians (GST) therefore recommends obtaining medication from the veterinarian.
GST media office, Tel. 031 307 35 37, media (at) gstsvs.ch
Press release in PDF format
- Why was Gandhi jealous of Bhagat Singh
- What's the point of learning Korean?
- Is SRK famous in Indonesia
- What is the harmful effects of Fevicol
- I could have misophony
- The US is in cultural decline
- Spaniards hate the Muslims
- Any dinosaur would purr
- How did the Second World War affect the USA?
- Why is reducing credit risk important
- How can I start Android Studio
- What are the job prospects in Dubai
- What makes an organizational hierarchy unnecessary
- Which water bottles should children use?
- Republicans deal with identity politics
- When will Yorkshire become an independent country?
- Why does Fox News support Trump
- Why are all nail ladies Asian
- Have you ever seen a Sumatran tiger?
- What is the US Visa Waiver Program
- How is diffusion explained?
- Which language is more simply Thai or Japanese
- What is a joint session of parliament
- What makes Sindhis different