Are the Turks attracted to the Malaysians?
Singapore, the only island city-state in the world, is growing - in the truest sense of the word. An ongoing land reclamation program will add hundreds of square miles to this densely populated land over the next few years.
Parks and nature reserves are among the priorities of this country, which is located at the southern end of the Malaysian peninsula and focuses on quality of life. Here in this center of financial power, one of the highest head rates in the world and low taxes combine for a soaring rate of home ownership. International investors are attracted by the strategic location, large workforce and well-developed infrastructure.
In 1965 Singapore became a nation in its own right. Traces of the multicultural and British colonial past are preserved in the food, architecture and traditions. Chinese, Malaysians, and Indians are the largest ethnic groups, although immigrants from around the world get used to it easily.
Architectural styles vary from pre-war bungalows to traditional Malaysian houses to modern structures with elements adapted to the tropics, such as landscaping with shade. Newer meaningful builds have helped bolster the Singapore brand; most clearly the locations of the performing arts, the Esplande Theaters on the Bay with their aluminum-clad roofs and the Marina Bay Sands by the architects Moshe Safdie, whose design shows three towers connected at the top by a cantilevered sky garden.
Some of the most expensive properties are in the heart of the city center, mostly in the form of high-rise apartments. Only 15 minutes from the city center, in the Sentosa Island resort, a masterly planned development offers private homes with private berths for yachts and nearby golf. There are no restrictions on international investors buying condominiums. Those looking for private homes or vacant lots must get government approval.
Explore luxury Singapore homes
- Africa is bigger than South America
- What if Ross Perot had become president?
- In which countries are prisoners allowed to vote?
- Is the Bible figurative
- What are the specifics of India
- Are psychologists more depressed than the average citizen
- What are the things that India imports
- How can I learn hypnosis
- Why shouldn't we leave India?
- Is Krita as good as Photoshop
- What is a steak made of?
- How do you see the Antichrist
- Why are Trump haters so violent
- Mussolini banned weapons
- Khilji slept with Padmavati
- Why are so many Christians against abortion?
- What are some barriers to effective speaking
- At what age did you graduate from MBBS
- Which profession creates the best personality
- Why don't Christian women cover their heads
- How do motorcyclists deal with icy roads
- What if I think life is meaningless
- Python is really only for beginners
- We are controlled